Louis J. Blume Library/Learning Commons
Food and Drink Policy
Enjoy Snacks but Leave No Trace
- All beverages must have secure lids to prevent spilling.
- No food or drinks are allowed at any library computer.
- Clean up after yourself (use trash cans) and report any spills to the circulation desk.
Please be considerate of the facilities and other patrons when eating in the library, and avoid foods that are noisy, odorous, or greasy.
- Please see examples of the types of food allowed in main library spaces below.
|| Not Allowed
|| French Fries
| Candy Bars
|| Pizza (includes cafeteria pizza)
| Granola Bars
|| Burgers & Sandwiches (includes Subway & Chick-Fil-A)
| Grapes or Raisins
|| Ice Cream
|| Soups & Salads
|| Food Requiring Utensils
- You may eat meals and foods of all types on the porch surrounding the library.
- Foods that may damage materials and disturb patrons are prohibited in all library spaces.
- Unattended food will be removed and discarded.
- Food may not be stored in student carrels.
- The library staff reserves the right to require that a patron consume food outside the library if that patron's food consumption is disturbing the study environment for other library patrons.
- Thank you for your help in making the library a pleasant place to study and do collaborative work.
- This policy was initiated by the Sarita Kenedy East Law Library and is now in effect in the Louis J. Blume University Library and Learning Commons.
For questions or comments, please contact the Library Web Manager
This page was last updated:
The address of this page is http://library.stmarytx.edu/acadlib/about/foodpolicy.htm