Giving to the Library with the St. Mary's Fund
To make a gift to the library via the St. Mary's Fund, you can do so online right here. Simply choose "Other" as your choice and type "Louis J. Blume Library" in the comments box to direct your gift.
If you would like to specify the use of your gift further, you can do so using the "additional comments" box on the form. Let us know if you want your gift used to purchase books, videos, music, or computers, for example. Or, perhaps you would like your gift to be put toward books on a specific topic, such as contemporary or classic poetry, computer software handbooks, American literature, international business, etc.
Honor a Loved One
If you would like the library to place a book in its collection in honor or in memory of a loved one, please contact Margaret Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (210) 436-3441 ext. 1320, for more information. With your gift, the library will purchase one or more books on a topic of your choice, add personalized bookplates to the books, and send a letter of thanks.
Giving Books to the Library
The library also accepts gifts of books that conform to the library's Collection Development Policy as noted below.
Gift books that are in good condition and that the library cannot use are sold via a partnership with Better World Books. Part of the proceeds of these sales are donated to literacy charities and a percentage also comes back to the library for use in purchasing new books.
- Gifts may be added to the collection when they support the curriculum or add needed strength to the
- Items should be physically in good shape, i.e., clean, with pages and cover intact, no stains, mildew, missing pages, or writing in the item.
- Gifts will be accepted only when offered unconditionally to the library.
- Magazines are not needed unless as replacements for missing issues in the collection.
- In accordance with IRS regulations, the library does not evaluate gifts for tax purposes.
- Large collections must be examined by the library director, acquisitions librarian, and/or appropriate subject specialists before acceptance.
You can support both literacy and the Blume Library by shopping at
Better World Books and
For questions or comments please contact the Library Web Manager
Created August 2007. Last modified
The address of this page is http://library.stmarytx.edu/acadlib/acq/gifts.htm