||St. Mary's University Blume Library
Criminal Justice/Legal Internet Resources
Searchable Legal Information
Use this page to search for federal bills, cases, codes, laws, regulations, treaties & legal news as well as state and international law. To find journal articles, book chapters, and similar materials, see the Criminal Justice & Legal Databases page.
- CataLaw - search legal topics on the Internet by subject or by region.
- FindLaw - search for laws,
codes, cases, regulations, legal news, etc.
- Law Guru - search 160 legal search engines and tools from one Web page.
- Lexis One - a free version of Lexis/Nexis with limited materials available
Federal Case Law
Administrative Law & Regulations
- CFR - the Code of Federal Regulations Home Page. Search or browse for federal regulations by keyword.
- GPO Access - includes access to the Federal Register and many other government documents.
Federal Law & Legislation
- GPO Access- includes access to Public Laws, U.S. Code, Congressional Record, the budget, recent bills, history of bills, House and Senate agendas, and many other government documents.
- Public Laws - access to the texts of recently adopted Public Laws.
- U.S. Code
The Constitution of the U.S. and The Declaration of Independence
State Legal Resources
- Global Legal Information Network - searchable database of legislation from than 35 with abstracts and some fulltext, all in English. Use this along with the Nations of the World prepared by the Law Library of Congress as a hypertext guide to links to the most reliable and useful sites for legal information for the world's nations.
- Hieros Gamos - a legal site with links to most countries.
- International Court of Justice Home Page - aka the World Court, contains fulltext of its 1996 decisions, the Charter of the United Nations, statutes and treaties regarding the court, etc.
- Treaties in Force - from the Department of State; in PDF format.
Legal Reference Works
For comments or suggestions, please contact the Library Web Manager
This page was written for students in the
Public Justice Information Resources class (PB1200) at St. Mary's University 8/1/96 and last updated
The address of this page is http://library.stmarytx.edu/acadlib/subject/justice/pubjus.htm