- classified ads lists positions openings by state for psychologists.
Academic Employment Network
- lists academic positions for K-12 and colleges/universities.
- Captures your personal profile and matches it daily against a database of federal jobs.
America's Job Bank (AJB)
- the national clearinghouse for the public Employment Service. They receive new job orders and updates from states each day and update daily.
Best Jobs USA
- a database of jobs searchable by location, category, and keyword
Career and Exploration Guidance Library
- no jobs ads here, but great descriptions of what various occupations are like and what kinds of training/education they require.
- search the classified ads for many newspapers including the Atlanta
Journal-Constitution, Baltimore Sun, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Columbus Dispatch, Denver Post, Denver Rocky Mountain News, Detroit News &Free Press, Hartford Courant, Houston Chronicle, Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Minneapolis St Paul Star Tribune, Minneapolis St
Paul Pioneer Press, Orlando Sentinel, Philadelphia Inquirer, Sacramento Bee, San Jose Mercury News, Seattle Times/P-I, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Washington Post, and The New York Times.
Chronicle of Higher Education
- job listings for academic positions across the nation.
- search for information on a specific city and jobs within it.
- help in writing a resume including sample resumes and sample cover letters.
- searchable by location or job category
Occupational Outlook Handbook
- from the U.S. government. No specific job listings but a look at what specific occupations are like, salaries, what jobs will be available in the future, etc.
- "The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with occupations. This information can be used to facilitate career exploration, vocational counseling, and a variety of human resources functions, such as developing job orders and position descriptions and aligning training with current workplace needs. Information in O*NET is available for over 950 occupations. Each occupational title and code is based on the most current version (1999) of the Standard Occupational Classification system."
PSE-Net.Com Government Jobs (Public Service Employee Network)
- general tips for finding government jobs, questions and answers, illegal interview questions, and more
Psychiatric Times Classifieds
- searchable nationwide or by area
- the finest and most extensive guide on the Internet to job
opportunities and employment resources on the Internet. (No
job listings but pointers on where to find job listings and
how to get a job.)
San Antonio Express News
- searchable local and national employment listings from the newspaper. Choose "jobs" from the menu.
Work In Texas
- contains Texas state government jobs, including vacancies with universities and colleges.
Texas Workforce Commission
- includes public and private sector jobs listed with the Texas Workforce
Commission (Texas state government job listings are available via the Governor's Job Bank).
USA Jobs: U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- the U.S. Government's official site for jobs and employment information provided by the United States Office of Personnel Management. Includes general information, job listings, and online applications.